Tina Pickering Profile
Tina's expertise has seen her work within a wide range of enterprises and industries. She specialises in development and implementing food safety and quality management systems and auditing for food manufacturing, healthcare, distribution and catering businesses. Tina has over twenty years experience as a food technologist and consultant.
Tina's client focussed approach ensure client requirements are analysed and responded to in a proactive professional manner. She develops innovative, cost effective tailored solutions for clients.
Tina is a qualified workplace trainer and assessor, able to deliver food industry training programs in an engaging, structured and informative style. Students and clients appreciate her supportive, practical approach which builds relationships whilst achieving business outcomes.
Tina has up to date knowledge of the standards that apply across the range of food industry sectors (Codex HACCP, SQF, BRC, FSANZ, NSW Food Authority) and assists clients to address these requirements.
Key Achievements and Experience
- Extensive Food Industry experience - develop and maintain food safety and quality manuals for dairy, ready to eat foods, bakery, seafood, meat, catering, fresh produce, import/export and transport businesses
- Cook Chill Production for Aged Care - develop Food Safety and Quality Manuals for Anglican Care, Domain Principal Care and Living Care
- Extensive materials management experience in purchasing, import, inventory control and supplier management in food and healthcare industries
- Extensive Pharmacy experience in aseptic manufacturing and Pharmacy medication dispensing
- Conduct Internal Audits and management review meetings for clients and other verification activities
- RABQSA (Exemplar Global Lead Food Safety Auditor)
- Food Service for Vulnerable populations
- Meat and Poultry
- Food Service
- Training and Assessment
- HACCP plans and food safety programs
Qualifications and Awards
- Bachelor of Science (Food Technology)
- Advanced Certificate Materials Management
- TAE 40411
- Approved Allergen Bureau VITAL trainer
- NSW Food Authority approved trainer for Food Safety Supervisor