Participants who complete the whole on-line course will be able to:
- Define food handlers and their responsibilities with regard to the law;
- Describe the ways in which food can become contaminated and potentially unsafe;
- Describe the common causes as well as symptoms of food poisoning
- Explain the dos and don’ts of maintaining good personal hygiene;
- Handle food correctly at all stages of preparation;
- Explain the dos and don’ts for accepting food deliveries, storing, displaying and transporting food
- Explain the dos and don’ts for cleaning the food preparation surfaces and equipment.
The link to the online food safety training is http://dofoodsafely.health.vic.gov.au/
Completion of this online training course and print out of the certificate are used as pre-reading and assessment of basic food safety knowledge in the Implement HACCP Food Safety Systems and Food Safety Supervisor training course.
- Access the link to the online training course http://dofoodsafely.health.vic.gov.au/
- Complete the necessary online training program (est. time is one hour). Updated content including more allergen specific information.
- Complete the assessment (there are now 30 multiple choice questions, which may increase over time)
- Complete Name and Email address (ensure spelling of name and email address are correct as a duplicate certificate cannot be issued)
- A Certificate will be emailed to you with your name, the date you passed the test, certificate number and the score you achieved
- Keep certificate in a safe place as a duplicate certificate cannot be issued.
- Submit a copy of the "Do Food Safely" Certificate to Correct Training Systems as part of your assessment